Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lazy workout week and lazy cooking week

Last week I got a cold- I am 99% sure it was due to standing out in the cold and rain after the half marathon for about an hour and a half. So, I sort of took it easy both at work and in my workouts- and tried not to be too upset if i didn't do everything to a T... I think this philosophy worked, though, because the cold was pretty mild, and now its gone. Good timing, because there is another race this weekend- the Hot Chocolate 15k. This is the last long race of the season, and it's really hard to believe that a) its November and b) there's nothing BIG to train for on the schedule! Kind of nice though. Everyone and their mother is doing this race, so it should be a ton of fun...not to mention the copious amount of chocolate that has been promised to us for completing it! Looking forward to a (hopefully not rainy) crisp fall morning run! Tonight's run clinic we did pace workouts for the race. I hit my proposed time pretty well (maybe I'm finally getting the hang of this pacing thing?) and I am excited to hopefully have a good race on Saturday!

Due to being sick last week, and partying it up for Halloween this weekend (and by partying it up I mean, staying up till 3:30 AM playing Rock Band) I elected not to cook Sunday night, and thus did a quick meal last night for my weekly lunches. Nothing to brag about, but very easy and yummy. So I'll just describe that quickly here and then get to bed to hit the bike workout on the schedule for tomorrow...

Chicken/RiceRRoni/Broccoli

Ingredients:
2 boxes of RiceRRoni
2 bags of frozen broccoli
1 rotisserie chicken

Directions:
Cook RiceRRoni according to package directions. Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions. Shred chicken. Mix, and enjoy! I got 7 meals out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment