Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy to run!

After 2 months of healing my Achilles' tendon, I finally got the go ahead from the dr to run the upcoming half marathon with my friends in Wisconsin! Yay! I will probably not have a personal record time, but I will be happy just to run it. For the first time in 2 months, I met Mo to run circles at the Y for 60 min, supplementing with a 40 min pool run. In the next few weeks I hope to keep upping the real running and lowering the pool running until I no longer have to look like a weirdo upright in the pool. I hope all of this pool running has actually helped...I guess I'll find out in about 5 weeks...though it was hard for me to have to scale back running and spend so much extra time in the pool, I am so glad that I didn't over stress it. In the next few months, I will be super careful adding stairs, lunges, and hills back into my workouts so as not to re injure it.

In other news, London was amazing! It was so wonderful to see Lesley and Tommy, and we did so much touristy stuff and a lot of quality hanging out. Once we sort through the pictures I will have to share them... But because we were so busy, I only got one run in - but I ran through the streets of their neighborhood and saw some sights. It was fun, but chilly.

I was nervous about hopping back into a full workout week after being such a slacker, but it went pretty well- was just slightly more sore than in a usual week. I finally got some feedback on my swimming so I have some things to work on in the pool tomorrow. We did some new drills that I will have to incorporate to help with my form. The bike workouts were tough but felt great, and my pool runs were fine- except I got an awful charley horse during my long pool run, which has left behind a tight knot just below my knee. Oh well, I'll take that compared to my Achilles! Now if only it would warm up enough to run comfortably outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment