Sunday, October 3, 2010

Heath Toffee Bars

Yesterday I went to a co-worker's party, and I am known for bringing delicious baked goods to our monthly birthday celebrations (recipes which I generally find online, and will be sure to credit!), so I had to come up with something yummy to make. I really wanted to make M&M bars, and found a recipe on the M&M site: http://www.mms.com/us/baking/recipes/bars/recipe.jsp?id=76...i then scoured the baking aisle at the grocery store and target, when much to my sadness, I could not find mini M&Ms. Surely I could not be the only person to want to put M&Ms into a cookie bar?! I settled for Heath Toffee Chips instead, and followed the recipe as listed. I did not get a chance to take a picture because my camera battery died, and now the bars are all gone. Anyway, they were quite a hit, except for that they stuck a bit to the bottom of the dish (pretty sure that's where the toffee melted.) Not one of my favorite personal baking feats, but they were fairly simple and everyone loved them.


Ingredients:
2/3 cup butter
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag Heath Toffee chips
  
Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for glass pan). Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg whites and vanilla extract. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in Heath Toffee bits. Spread dough into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly moist with crumbs. Cool completely before cutting. Store in tightly covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment