Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Shoes!

After the half marathon in October I decided I needed some new shoes- these ones gave me ankle problems after any run of >5 miles. So today I tried out a new (to me) store upon recommendations from friends- Running Away Multisport - and was very happy with the results. After trying out several shoes (including fluorescent yellow and hot pink- who thinks those are good sneaker colors!?), inserts, and practicing running, and bothering a very very patient shoe salesman, I ended up with a pair very similar to ones I ran with in the spring/summer. The only problem I had with those shoes was that I got blisters on my 2nd toe. And I started getting knee pain when they were about ready to be changed. So, after a clean slate fitting and many different brands, I ended up with something that had worked for me in the past. I also got a new pair of ankle height smart wool socks, in hoping to prevent blisters with this pair as the weather gets warmer. Pricey, but hopefully worth it. So, crossing fingers that these shoes will be good for me. And, on the plus side, they are purple! So pretty! Can't wait to give them a whirl on Tuesday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment